Frequently Asked Questions
What is Energy Healing?
How is Energy Healing Possible?
Who Does the Healing?
What Does Energy Healing Help?
How Will I Feel After an Energy Healing Session?
Post Energy Healing Session Tips
Signs that Energy Healing is Working
Energy Healing works with the body’s energy systems to facilitate or enhance the body’s natural ability to heal. Trauma, stress, limiting or false belief systems, emotional or physical distress, and other blocks to our well-being, if not fully resolved, are often stored in the energy fields of our bodies. These blocks can hinder our ability to heal physically, mentally and emotionally and as result prevent us from fully experiencing our divine potential: love, joy, peace, and abundance.
Science tells us that everything in this universe is made up of energy. Energy is the building block of all matter. It shows up in different forms and shapes – you, me, a cat, a chair, a train, planet earth, the universe, etc. We are all made of the same stuff – energy. It is constantly flowing, changing form all the time, permeating everything.
We are energy and the space (air) between us is energy, so we are all connected. We are essentially all in one big ocean of energy.
Energy is also responsive to thought, feelings and intentions.
Healers channel Divine Source energy (life force energy, Chi, Divine Love, etc.) to a client by activating the healing energy with focused intention. At these times (thanks to understandings made known by quantum physics) a healer is operating outside of the normal limitations of time and space. This allows the healer to transmit healing energy to a person or animal whether in person or located thousands of miles away. This is why it is as equally effective to have hands-on Reiki as it is to have Distance Reiki (i.e. Distance Energy Healing).
According to the The International Center for Reiki Training, “Reiki heals by flowing through the affected parts of the energy field and charging them with positive energy. It raises the vibratory level of the energy field in and around the physical body where the negative thoughts and feelings are attached. This causes the negative energy to break apart and fall away. In so doing, Reiki clears, straightens and heals the energy pathways, thus allowing the life force to flow in a healthy and natural way.”
I do not heal you. I work with your higher self and I channel guided healing to you. Your healing is a co-creation of your intention to heal and Divine Source Energy. I am a conduit to help you connect and heal more deeply.
Energy Healing can help you:
- Heal physical aches and pains
- Strengthen your immune system
- Heal emotional issues, including depression, lack of self-confidence, and anger
- Quit smoking
- Lose weight
- Eliminate stress, anxiety and fear
- Increase motivation for achieving your goals (write a book, run a marathon, start a business, etc.).
- Correct self-sabotaging thought patterns & habits
- Recharge your energy
- Release subconscious blocks that prevent you from achieving your life goals
Energy Healing can also help you on your spiritual path by:
- Opening your third eye
- Increasing your intuition and ability to connect with Source energy.
- Cleansing and clearing your chakra system
- Raising your energetic vibration
- Discover your life’s purpose
- Resolve career and job-related issues
Your experience will be unique to you. However, most report:
- Heightened energy and a feeling of well being
- Feeling “lighter’ and more optimistic
- Greater clarity and an ability to get things done
If deeper issues are worked on, you might also experience:
Low Energy or Fatigue – You may have spent years suppressing your true feelings and past events. Therefore, you might feel a temporary low as your body assimilates the release of the blocked energy and integrates the new ideal energy of Divine Love.
Feeling Very Emotional – You may experience sudden waves of emotions that you previously suppressed. Feelings of anger, sadness, anxiety, or fear may bubble to the surface. Resist the urge to ignore or stuff these feelings down. Instead, allow them the to space to simple just be. You might even say to the feeling, “I hear you.” Thank the feeling for trying to protect you and then allow it to drain away.
Vivid dreams – this is your psyche’s way of processing the healing. Consider keeping a journal of your dreams. Your dreams often provide valuable information that can further your healing process.
- Drink Water: As blocked energy is cleansed, cleared and released, it may release mild toxins in the body. To avoid feeling achy or run down, it is highly recommend that you drink plenty of water immediately following a session and for the next 12-24 hours.
- Take an Epsom Salt Bath: Detoxifying your body by bathing is an ancient remedy. A detox bath is thought to assist your body in eliminating toxins as well as absorbing the minerals and nutrients that are in the water. Click here to learn How to Take a Detox Bath.
- Practice Extreme Self-Care – Following an energy healing session, if “stuff” comes up for you, it is very important to pamper yourself, or as Cheryl Richardson likes to call it to practice “extreme self-care.” Journal, take a walk, do some yoga, listen to guided meditations, get a massage, pat your dog or sit with your cat (animals are natural healers), etc.
The results of an energy healing session can be quite dramatic. Aches and pains disappear, debilitating fears melt away never to be felt again, and new positive behaviors are suddenly easy to implement and stick with. Other times the shifts are subtle or occur gradually.
Remember healing is very much a co-creation between your higher self and Divine Source Energy. Some individuals are open and receptive to having miracles occur in the lives. While others, on a subconscious level, are more comfortable with a gradual integration and transformation.
In all cases some form of HEALING HAS OCURED. It’s important to look for and recognized both the obvious results as well as the more subtle shifts.
The subtle shifts are:
- You suddenly feel inspired to take action (even a baby step) in a new direction, after days, weeks, or months of feeling indecisive or unmotivated.
- Your days are now filled with a general sense of well-being and optimism.
- The intensity of your “negative” feelings (anger, sadness, disappointment, anxiety, etc.) have significantly softened or lessened.
- Wonderful synchronicities are suddenly happening in your life. The right people, experiences, and opportunities are suddenly, effortlessly appearing.
- These Strategies Can Drastically Improve the Journey to a New You!How to Successfully Navigate the In-Between Time of Goal Achievement by Natalie Eve Marquis, RMT, CH Whether your goal is to lose weight, start a new business, get a new job, or live your life purpose, your success in achieving that goal rests on how well you manage the “in-between” time, the no-mans land that exists between where you are now and where you want to be. The key is having strategies in place to support and help you make the in-between phase more productive, fun and enjoyable. > Click article title to read more
- Two Branches of Energy MedicineEnergy Medicine: Two Branches of Energy Medicine and the Basic Healing Formula by Natalie Eve Marquis, Reiki Master Teacher & Master Hypnotist Energy Medicine is a word coined by three researchers who gathered at Boulder, Colorado, USA in the late 1980s. It is defined as any energetic or informational interaction with a biological system to bring back homeostasis in the organism. Energy medicine is based upon the belief that changes in the “life force” of the body, including the > Click article title to read more
- Six Typical Energy Problems And How to Heal ThemFirst, it’s important to know that as energy medicine practitioners and healers, the manner in which we intuitively sense energy imbalances is as varied and unique as our personalities. This is because intuitive information can come through our five primary senses as well as our physical body and mind (see the 8 Clair Psychic Senses). In general, however, the following are the typical energy problems we encounter and how they are perceived. I’ve included a “self-help” tip for each > Click article title to read more